TNPSC Group 2 Exam
TNPSC Group2 is the second level of examination conducted by TamilNadu Public Service Commission next to Group1 exam. Candidates those who are selected in Group2 exam will be recruited as gazetted officers like Group1 officer in the state Government of TamilNadu. They will be working under the Group1 officers. Heavy competition involved in TNPSC exams, it is very important to take an earnest effort of preparation to clear the exam and get your dream job. Good study plan can help you to prepare well for you examination. Concentrated study is worth of several hours of distracted study. If you know how to study well with concentration, you will achieve in the tough competition. Most of the aspirants fail to succeed in TNPSC exam because they could not answer as many question as possible in a given duration of time. Practicing online test will improve your ability to answer all the questions in the exam in the given duration. So practice more as much as possible to improve yourself. To make the online test practice easy we have framed the test questions in topic wise for all the subjects in the TNPSC syllabus. It will be easy for the aspirants to revise any topics from the TNPSC syllabus by attending online test. There is no alternative to hard work when it comes to preparing for exams but smart work is also as important as hard work. You should start with the subjects and the topics that are most difficult and carry the maximum weightage. Simply reading text book will not help to perform well in the exam, regular revision is needed and it helps to score high marks in the exam. Many competitive exams have negative marking, but luckily there is no negative marking in TNPSC exams. So if you are unsure which the correct option for any tough question, don’t waste your time in with that tough question. It is better to choose any of the given option and proceed with the remaining questions. Time is the most important factor in an exam. If you don’t know the answer for a question, don’t get stuck in a particular question. If you find it is too hard to find the correct answer, just move on. Try it later after you have finished the remaining questions. TNPSC group2 Interview post examination eligibility criteria and exam pattern are given below.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:Education Qualification:
• Candidate should have been obtained the required degree course by passing in the order of studies 10th, HSC, degree.
• Candidates who are in the final year of degree examination may also apply for Group 2 Preliminary exams.
• Candidate should attain the minimum age of 18 years and maximum age of 30 years for OC, no age limit for BC, BCM, MBC, SC, and ST.
POSTING:• Deputy Commercial Tax Officer
• Probation Officer
• Sub Registrar
• Assistant Inspector of Labour
• Junior Employment Officer
• Assistant Section Officer
• Assistant Inspector in Local Fund Audit Department
• Senior Inspector of Co-operative Societies
TNPSC Group2 Interview post examination pattern is also similar to Group1 it also includes three phases of examination that is prelims, mains and interview or Oral Test. First phase of examination is preliminary examination which contains 200 objective type questions for 300 marks will be conducted for 3 hours of duration. In these 75 questions will be asked from General Studies (Science, History, Geography, Polity, Economics and Current affairs, Indian National Movement), 25Aptitude & Mental Ability questions and 100 General Tamil or General English questions according to the candidate’s option. Based on the preliminary cutoff marks candidates will be selected for mains examination. Mains Examination is descriptive type of examination consists of 300 marks for 60 questions(35- 3 marks question, 18- 8 marks question, 3- 15 marks question, 4- 30 marks question). Those who secured the qualifying marks in the mains examination are eligible for the interview or oral test which will be conducted for 40 marks. Final selection is based on the marks obtained in mains examination and interview or oral test.
i. Preliminary Exam: 300 marks – 3 hours duration
1. General Studies - 75 marks
• General Science
• Current Events
• History and Culture of India
• Indian Polity
• Indian National Movements
• Indian Economy
2. Aptitude & Mental Ability Tests - 25 marks
3. General Tamil or General English - 100 marks
ii. Mains Examination:
General Studies - 300 marks
Mains Examination Topics:
• Role and impact of science and Technology in the Development of India and Tamil Nadu.
• Administration of Union and States with special reference to TamilNadu
• Socio ‐ Economic Issues in India/TamilNadu
• Current issues at National Level
• Current issues at State Level
Oral Test - 40 marks